As the body’s largest organ, it is extremely important that we take care of our skin. After all, our skin is the first line of defense against the elements, maintains our temperature and protects the other organs from bacteria. So, we want to do our part to keep it healthy. We do this through a variety of ways from drinking plenty of water to using sun screen and applying moisturizers. One such step we can take to help with maintaining our skin is exfoliation.
Exfoliation is the process of removing the dry, dead skin cells and it is perfect for any skin type. There are usually two types of exfoliation used – physical and chemical. The physical method involves an exfoliating tool such as sponges, facial brushes or loofas plus a substrate such as rice bran, oatmeal or an assortment of facial scrubs. The physical style of exfoliation is perfect for oily skin, and combination normal to dry. For the chemical exfoliation approach an esthetician will use a type of hydroxyl acid, a retinoic acid or a natural enzyme. This form of exfoliation works best on dry skin and combination skin – normal to oily and normal to dry.
Here at Bambu, we offer Plant peel exfoliation. We understand how to use the products to achieve the best possible results, so you can be sure to have great looking skin. If you have never considered an exfoliation treatment, then you may be unaware of these benefits.
10 Benefits of Frequent Exfoliation Appointments
- Permits deep stimulation of your skin which rejuvenates the skin cells.
- Exfoliation helps reverse the signs of age and can minimize fine line and wrinkles, naturally and without surgery or injections.
- Makes your skin softer
- Brightens the complexion
- Corrects hyperpigmentation
- Lightens dark spots and acne marks
- Helps minimize skin infections
- Stimulates faster skin cell turn over
- Exfoliating makes the skin more receptive to skin care products such as serums, creams or gels.
- Cleaner skin over all, which means that skin blemishes such as acne, whiteheads and blackheads occur less frequently.
How Often Should You Exfoliate?
Exfoliation is perfect for every skin type, but the frequency with which it is done varies by the type of exfoliation. First and foremost is that the Aveda exfoliant can be used frequently, but not daily, and in the comfort of your home. However, for deep exfoliation, you should be sure to schedule time at Bambu.
Exfoliation is a simple way to take care of your skin so that you always look your best. Plus, what’s not to love about looking a bit younger, too. If you have never had an exfoliation treatment, what’s holding you back? Talk to a Bambu exfoliation expert today to schedule your appointment.