We all like to look our best. We choose clothing that shows off our style, wear colors that compliment us, use hair care products that boost our locks, and use make up with care. But, how can you be sure that you are making the best choices in enhancing you. And while there is much to be said about every aspect of beauty care, today we will talk about having a healthy skin care routine.
As the body’s largest organ, it important that our skin care routine promotes good health and minimize blemishes. We can do this in two ways: By having a healthy daily care routine and by monitoring actions and activities that can cause problems. Let’s take the latter one first.
Monitoring Actions that Cause Skin Problems
Just as harmful as what we do or don’t put on our skin, are the actions we take that affect our skin’s appearance and health. These negative actions include the following:
· Staying stressed out. A little stress is not unusual and can be helped with warm baths/showers, exercise and making time to unwind. Too much stress and wrinkles will begin to develop and blemishes will occur.
· Be cautious of artificial fragrances and dyes as these can cause irritations, breakouts and rashes.
· Pay attention to what you eat. Minimize sugars, fried foods, and sodas, and opt to eat foods rich in vitamins, minerals and proteins while being sure to get plenty of water.
Developing a Healthy Skin Care Routine
Having beautiful skin doesn’t just happen. It takes a bit of planning and sometimes patience as you wait for the changes in your skin care routine to be manifested. But, if you are ready to start changing your skin care routine, here is a place to start.
Keep in mind, that this skin care routine is best implemented into your evening rather than as part of the morning!
1. Use a nutrient-rich towelette or wipe to remove the surface level dirt and make up. Then use a gentle cleanser and lukewarm water to draw out any bacteria.
2. Wash again, but don’t rub the skin. This second wash should be done with a mild cream or foaming cleanser.
3. At least once a week- though 2 or 3 times would be even better – make an exfoliating mask the next part of your skin care routine.
4. Regardless of whether or not exfoliation is done, apply a natural toner to your skin to help tighten it up and restore your skin’s balance.
5. Moisturize to give your skin a protective layer and attain a smooth, hydrated appearance. This is an important step in having healthy, younger looking skin!
6. Use a night time repair ampoule to brighten up skin, help even out skin tone and improve elasticity.
7. Massage your skin to boost circulation. You can use a soft skin massager “sponge” at home, and for added boost, have a facial done at least once a month.
8. Apply an eye cream designed to tighten skin, and minimize wrinkles and bags. Be sure to gently tap this onto skin, not rub or tug the skin.
9. Apply more moisturizer to fully lock in the nutrients you have added to your skin.
Having healthy, glowing skin is achievable by paying attention to what you put on, put in and take out of your routine. Be it the type of cleanser you use to the type of laundry soap your clothing is washed or what you eat, having great skin takes time and effort. If you have questions about what Aveda products can best help your skin, talk to one of specialists today and start developing a skin care routine of your own.