With warm weather season finally here, the focus on having healthy, smooth skin is stronger than ever. After all, the time for wearing shorts, swimwear, and fun flirty skirts has arrived. But with that, comes the seemingly endless race to keep to remove unwanted hair from parts of our body. Whether it be arms, legs, eyebrows, bikini area or otherwise, one of the most popular methods is waxing.
Waxing is nothing new, though the products used and approaches taken have changed from time to time. But, even with changes the process is best divided into two types – Cold waxing and hot waxing. In cold waxing a semi solid wax is already on the strips used. These strips are pressed on the area to be waxed in the direction of hair growth, then pulled off the in the opposite direction. With hot waxing the wax is melted and the applied directly to the skin. A strip of cloth is then pressed over. As the temperature lowers, the hair adheres to the strip along with the wax, then the cloth is pulled off in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Each method uses natural waxes and oils making it safe for your skin. These waxes may also be scented in a range of “flavors” such as aloe, chocolate, strawberry, orange, and lemon-honey. Because of the emphasis on natural products, waxing has many benefits that make it a favorite hair removal process.
Benefits of Waxing
· Waxing leaves your skin feeling smooth and silky.
· It lasts significantly longer than shaving. In fact, many people report that they can go as many as 8 weeks before needing to wax again. Using a razor is really nothing more than trimming the hairs. In no time at all they are back.
· There are no razor nick or cuts that can leave scars or the need for a bandage.
· No matter how long you have been shaving, it can still cause red bumps, irritations from the shaving lotion, or even rashes on sensitive skin.
· With shaving, there is always the risk of ingrown hairs, as the hair is not pulled out from the root.
· If you consistently use waxing to remove unwanted hair, you will find that those hairs reappear less and less; however, they will never fully go away but what does grow back will be softer and finer.
· It seems with shaving that there is always that small patch or strip that gets missed. With waxing you can be sure that all the unwanted hair is removed.
· Contrary to popular opinion, waxing is not painful.
If you have never tried waxing, then now is a great time to do so. Call the Bambu Salon today to make your appointment and get ready for summer. We can’t wait to see you!