It’s safe to say that most of us want to have great looking locks. Every year, we spend hundreds of dollars of hair care products, hours at the salon and even more in front of the mirror working to achieve those perfect hair days. Yes, there are days when we wake up and our hair looks picture perfect, but in most cases, we have to invest time and energy to achieve the worthy look.
Natural Choices for More Beautiful Hair
Today, research has shown that there are many natural products and steps you can take to keep your locks always looking their best. Some of these proactive measures include the following:
1. Growth -Trying to get your hair to grow more quickly? We recommend Biotin, which not only stimulates hair growth but healthier nails, too. Other supplements for boosting hair growth are Folic Acid, Vitamin A, and Vitamin B complex, as they will also promote shiny, healthier tresses. If you feel you are losing hair more heavily than normal, Try Aveda Invati line for hair loss.
2. Shine -For shinier, smoother hair take fish oil supplements, and use a natural boar bristle brush, which helps spread sebum down the hair shaft.
3. Build-up -To remove scalp buildup, consider using a Aveda Sun Care hair and body cleanser and conditioner that will clarify the scalp. Our Bambu hair specialist can help you select one perfect for your needs.
4. Curls –If you have curly hair, you should avoid products that contain silicones or sulfates as they can dry out your hair and cause you to have more frizz. You can also use a protein-based Damage Remedy Mask treatment a couple times a month to help maintain your curls balance.
5. Sun damage – If you spend a great deal of time in the sun, consider using Hair Veil with UV filters so that you can minimize the sun’s damage to the color and texture of your hair.
6. Color –If you have color treated hair, you should avoid shampoos with sulfates as they can cause the color to break down and rinse away more rapidly.
7. Frizz Prevention –Protect your hair from friction, which can result in split ends by opting for a better pillowcase. Cotton pillowcases absorb moisture and cause frizz. Invest in a silk or satin pillowcase which will reduce split ends and breakage. Not interested in swapping pillowcases? Then consider wrapping your hair in a silk scarf before going to bed.
Having salon hair every day can happen if you are willing to invest some time outside the salon on your tresses. From the right types of shampoo to the vitamins you use, making even small changes can make a big difference. If you have more questions about products and practices to keep your hair looking its best, talk to one of our consultants. We love to help you have the beautiful hair you dream of! Come visit Bambu today!