As an Aveda salon, the Bambu team recognizes the importance of using a natural approach in order to have healthy skin and hair. We use products that are enriched with, and based on vitamins, minerals and plants so that you can always look your best.
But, there is more to having luxurious hair and clear skin than just using the right products from Aveda. You can take things further and keep your hair and skin healthier, just by paying attention to what you eat. So, with summer time in full swing, and fresh fruits and veggies readily available, this is the perfect time to start focusing more on boosting your natural beauty from the inside out.
12 Foods that Promote Healthy Skin, Nails and Hair
1. Cheese – Most of us know cheese is rich in calcium, and good for our teeth and bones, but did you know that it also promotes healthy hair growth? That’s right, so go ahead and enjoy some cheese – it’s good for you!
2. Oysters – For boosting the proteins levels in skin and hair, eat foods such as oysters that are rich in zinc. Also, a zinc deficiency will result in acne and loss of elasticity in the skin.
3. Poultry – Want your to grow hair more quickly? Increase the amount of poultry you eat. As an added plus, it’s protein, and low in fat!
4. Spinach – Rich in iron, beta carotene, and vitamins A and C, eating spinach –especially fresh – not only helps keep your scalp healthy, but promotes moisture and minimizes hair breakage and split ends. For another green option that promotes a healthy scalp, incorporate kale, too!
5. Soy beans – We all know they’re a source of protein but soy beans are also great for combating breakouts, helping one have a clearer complexion, and giving the skin more even tones.
6. Avocados – Struggle with dry, flaky skin? Avocados are rich in healthy fats that help keep skin moisturized, and will even help protect skin from sun damage.
7. Almonds – These are the not only the perfect energy boost, but they also minimize the production of dandruff.
8. Olive Oil – Rich in antioxidants, olive oil reduces puffiness and skin inflammation. It is effective whether used as part of the cooking process, incorporated into the meal or simply by applying it directly to the skin. Another food rich in antioxidants is blueberries, so be sure to include them in your diet whenever possible.
9. Carrots – protect your skin from environmental toxins from the inside out. Carrots protect the skin, tissue and cells from toxins that cause wrinkles, so skin looks younger and healthier. Hmmm…no wonder Bugs Bunny never shows signs of age!
10. Red Bell Peppers – Minimize wrinkles by eating red bell peppers. These beautiful veggies are rich in collagen and help keep skin firm, elastic and vibrant, with fewer wrinkles and less age-related dry skin.
11. Garlic – Not just for warding off vampires! Garlic is rich in allicin which is high in anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal properties thus helping you achieve and maintain a clear complexion.
12. Coconut Oil – No matter where you look these days, it is hard to miss that coconut oil is the rising star in the health and beauty worlds. From boosting the shine and vibrancy of the hair to adding moisture to the scalp, and being used as a make-up remover, skin booster and anti-aging product, you can’t go wrong in including coconut oil in your daily routing!
By maintaining a healthy diet, you can look great – from the inside out. So, for beautiful thick locks and sun kissed skin that glows year around, be sure these foods are a part of your world. Then, talk to one of our Bambu Salon specialist about what Aveda products will complement your hair and skin, while you do your part to eat for a great look.