While we love the warm weather of summer time, that doesn’t mean that all of our summer days’ activities are perfect for our skin. Between the sun’s strong rays, the wind from the beach and the myriad of other summer pleasures we enjoy, our skin can become damaged – whether it be from a sun burn or a windburn.
So, if you want to have great looking skin, it is vital that you take time to care for it properly.
Sure, you can wash it often, use natural moisturizers and do your best to protect it from burns, but one of the best things you can do for your skin is make time for a facial. The team at Bambu Salon has several different approaches to facials and each of them can help skin look beautiful:
Glow – This is a plant-based peal to exfoliate your skin and remove build up
Brighten – A mini session that gives you that sun-kissed glow, but without the UV rays
Restore – Designed to minimize the signs of age from one’s face
But there is more to a facial than just having healthier looking skin. Consider these advantages of having a monthly facial:
1. Home skin cleaners are great and the ideal way to keep your skin looking good, but for truly clean skin a natural facial will provide deep cleaning thus removing toxins caused by pollution, grease and dirt found in the environment.
2. Facials cause the reduction of sebum, which is a natural substance that causes skin problems such as those related to acne.
3. A cleansing facial opens (exfoliates) the pores of the skin, and removes dead cells so that the skin tightens and firms.
4. Your skin needs oxygen and the minerals and vitamins found in the blood. A facial increases circulation which helps develop and maintain new skin cells.
5. If you have surgical scaring, wrinkles, or sunspots, having regular facials can help even out skin tones. In fact, some people have even reported that having frequent facials improved their skin tone so much they were able to minimize how much make up they wore!
6. Facials help restore, replenish and even rejuvenate skin that is damaged due to conditions such as rosacea, acne or other skin maladies.
7. Having a facial has been shown to prevent skin cancers by treating pre-cancerous conditions like actinic keratosis.
8. Facials help us to relax and slow down, which helps reduce stress.
9. Facials helps slow down the signs of aging. In fact, a study recently found that 81% of the people in their test group reported signs of wrinkles minimizing after having frequent facials.
10. Frequent facials make your skin more receptive to other beauty products such as cleansers and moisturizers. Because a facial helps make your skin soft and supple, these products are able to be absorbed more deeply so they can be more effective.
11. Tired of those bags under your eyes? Get a facial. In no time at all, you can look more alert and no longer get asked those annoying questions about being tired or be given unsolicited health advice.
Bambu Salon specializes in helping you to feel beautiful. Whether it is through a mani/pedi, the perfect hairstyle, or a facial our team wants you to feel confident and ready to take on whatever obstacle may come your way. Talk to a Bambu beauty specialist today to schedule your next appointment. You will be glad you did!