Does it appear your skin always looks great when you don’t have any significant plans, but just let something important or exciting such as prom, a blind date, a job interview, come up and you can be sure that’s when your skin will act out. If this sounds familiar, you are not alone. Then, add in the frustrations that having combination skin can bring and you can feel like you are forever dealing with skin care related problems.
If you feel like having great looking skin is only something for fairy tales, then now is the time to start taking action to get the skin you want. It won’t happen overnight, but consistency over time will lead to smoother, healthier more blemish-free skin. Here are some tips for getting the skin you have always wanted.
10 Skin Care Tips for Looking Your Best
- Be sure you always remove your makeup completely before going to bed. A great natural choice for makeup removal is to put a bit of olive on a cotton pad and gently massage the oil onto your face to remove any dirt and makeup.
- Never skip using sunscreen – even if you typically tan or if it is a cloudy/cold day. You should always use at least an SPF 15 that blocks the UVA and UVB rays. Repeated exposure to the sun leads to age spots, wrinkles, melanoma, and other skin related issues.
- Eat healthy. A diet rich in fresh fruits and veggies, greens, proteins and vitamins shows in your skin. The healthier the diet the better your skin will look.
- Get plenty of exercise, this will sweat out the impurities. Just be sure to take care of your skin before and after your work out. Before your workout, apply a toner to minimize oil production; then after your workout use a natural moisturizer.
- Water matters. Not only do you need to drink plenty of water, but when you shower or wash your face avoid using hot water as it strips skin of natural oils and moisture thus drying it out. When drying your skin, always pat it with a soft towel rather than rubbing it. In fact, whenever possible, leave your skin slightly damp and let it dry naturally.
- Exfoliate your skin no more than twice a week to remove dead skin cells and any lingering impurities.
- Moisturize with a gentle, fragrance-free product daily – ideally applied just after you shower or remove your makeup.
- Get plenty of sleep. Teenagers need around 8 to 10 hours, while adults need around 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
- Get a facial at least once every 4 to 6 weeks to help improve circulation in your face. Even better, a facial can prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
- Keep stress levels low. A study done by Stanford University found that students who had more breakouts felt stressed out more. When the body is stressed, it produces more oil and thus breakouts will occur more. Look for ways to relax and de-stress so your skin can look its best.
Having beautiful skin is an achievable goal. You just need to do your part. If you have questions about practices or products for beautiful skin, then talk to one of the Bambu skin care specialists today. We would love to help you choose the perfect products and develop the routines you need to feel like a princess!